Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default How much should a bathroom refit cost?

In message , tim.....
wrote

Well I'm not going to buy the £199 B&Q value pack, but I'm not
expecting to spend more than 500 pounds on the fittings.

I've been looking at bath/toilet/sink combinations.

Plastic bathes - you pay a lot more for baths with bulges and baths with
handles but taking a "standard bath" there doesn't seem to be much
difference in the quality of the construction between cheap and
expensive baths. Some of the more sturdy ones seem to be towards the
cheap end of the range

Porcelain sinks and bogs: The price seems to be more to do with the
style rather than quality with the truly ugly ones costing a lot more.

My thinking is to go for a budget all-in set of a plain (traditional)
design but to chuck the taps they come with and fit something better.

--
Alan