Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default solder won't come out of hole

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:37:31 -0700, mike wrote:

You left out the MOST IMPORTANT first step!!!
Wear eye protection!!!
Compressed air and molten solder is a recipe for blindness!!

Thanks. Y'er right. Goggles or a face mask are a must.

Back in the days when it was worth the effort, I used to remove
components from a PCB by clamping one end of the board in a bench vise
and heating the solder side with a propane torch. When the solder was
good and hot, I would pull the board back and let go. The components
and the solder would go flying in the opposite direction into a
cardboard box.

***Hot air (electric paint stripper) gun and a stiff paintbush - perfect for
harvesting SMD parts.