Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Tree growth rings disprove that the earth is warmer now thanduring Roman times and or even 1000 years ago.

On 7/17/2012 7:07 PM, Artemus wrote:
"Artemus" wrote in message ...

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
A new analysis of 2,000 years of tree ring data has quickly made climate change
deniers' list of greatest hits to the theory of man made global warming.
The tree rings "prove [the] climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it
is now," the British newspaper the Daily Mail reported last week, "and [the] world
has been cooling for 2,000 years."
That and other articles suggest the current global warming trend is a mere blip
when viewed in the context of natural temperature oscillations etched into tree
rings over the past two millennia. The Star-Ledger, a New Jersey newspaper, mused
that the findings lock in "one piece of an extremely complex puzzle that has been
oversimplified by the Al Gores of the world."

Got a link?
Art

Never mind. I see why you didn't provide one. The balance of the
article doesn't support the part you quoted.
http://www.livescience.com/21624-tre...l-warming.html
Art

Actually it does support it however it has a greenie interpretation that
tries to, as you have found out, make it sound otherwise. Call it a
political rebuttal if you will.

Yes at the moment the globe is getting warmer, at this brief point in
time, just like it did in the early 90's and dozens upon dozens of times
in the past thousand of years. Trying to stop the warming cycle is
futile and a waste of time and resources, we have bigger problems to
solve. Given enough time this cycle too will pass and we will be headed
for another ice age, I wonder what we are doing to cause that.

Have you ever seen a dog chasing its tail?