Posted to uk.d-i-y
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default How much should a bathroom refit cost?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:06:29 +0100, "tim...."
wrote:

Hi,

I currently looking at buying a repo that needs a lot of work doing.

Being used to doing my own diy, I've lost track of how much it costs to get
things done.

But this particular property needs too much doing to it before I can move in
so I'm going to have to sub some of it out.

So how much should I expect to pay for a full (small) bathroom refit using
quality, but not designer, fitments.

I cannot help you with labour costs at the moment - I am just about to
ask for quotes for plumbing, tiling, fitting and a bit of wall
demolition for our bathroom refurb. As far as materials are concerned
the following may help, the prices have had 25% or more discount
applied from list and include vat - you will probably find some a bit
cheaper with some googling. I think my shopping list is, like your
requirement, for good quality but not outrageously expensive kit.

Ideal Standard 55 cms semi-recessed basin 144.54
Ideal Standard BTW WC pan with standard seat 254.50
Dudley Vantage 6/4 concealed cistern 110.95
Lakes 1000x900 pivot door shower enclosure and tray 564.30
Mira Select EV thermostatic shower unit 266.24
Eastbrook/Carron 166x700 Carronite bath 350.00
Carronite bath panels 205.44
Reina Isaro 110x500 heated towel rail 187.70
Mayfair Wave basin and bath mixer taps 142.40

I am also taking advantage of the current Wicke's 50+15% discounts to
get the vanity and BTW cabinets and a couple of other cupboard and
drawer units.

The tiles look like coming from BCT as they have a factory shop about
15 miles away.
--
rbel