Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Deadbolt Inner Knob Guard

On Jul 17, 12:16*pm, Pavel314 wrote:
I've googled around but couldn't find what I wanted so I though somebody here might know the answer. My front door has a single-tumbler deadbolt, that is, with just a knob inside for unlocking it. I'd like to get some sort of guard to slip over the knob when I go on vacation so that someone can't just break the glass in the small window, reach through and open the door.

I know, a double-tumbler lock would be better but I just wondered if somebody has invented a metal cage gizmo that clips over the edge of the door and prevents turning the deadbolt knob. Or maybe a double cover where the inner part snaps onto the knob while the outer shell turns independently, so that reaching in and turning it won't move the knob.

Since you are attempting to prevent a break-in via this one means -
the turning of the dead bolt knob - have you looked at every other
possible entry point and dealt with them also?

Windows, side doors, garage doors, etc.

If not, then if the burgler can't get in through this door because
you've secured the dead bolt, (s)he'll just move on to an entry with
easier access.