Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Deadbolt Inner Knob Guard

Pavel314 wrote:
I've googled around but couldn't find what I wanted so I though
somebody here might know the answer. My front door has a
single-tumbler deadbolt, that is, with just a knob inside for
unlocking it. I'd like to get some sort of guard to slip over the
knob when I go on vacation so that someone can't just break the glass
in the small window, reach through and open the door.

I know, a double-tumbler lock would be better but I just wondered if
somebody has invented a metal cage gizmo that clips over the edge of
the door and prevents turning the deadbolt knob. Or maybe a double
cover where the inner part snaps onto the knob while the outer shell
turns independently, so that reaching in and turning it won't move
the knob.