mat_432 mat_432 is offline
Junior Member

Location: lyon, france
Default Studiomaster 8 into 4 refresh

hi everyone, i'm new here and i can see a lot of good informations!.
maybe some of you could help me doing something.

here's the deal :
i recently bought an old studiomaster 8 into 4 that i would like to "refresh" a bit..
my knownledge in electronics is actually poor but growing everyday
i don't have the schematics for this console and i can not actually find it, so let's start "a blind".

what i d'like to do is to make the sound more "transparent" or clear (for the summing part). so by looking around, i can read that changing the opamps could be a start.
it's equiped with tl072 originaly, and i would like to give it a try with 5532's or 2134..
what do you think about it?
would i expect real improvement from this?
i also have in mind to follow with changing coupling caps and some resistors that need to (because they went over heated)..

does this step make any sense for someone, or am i trying to play mad scientist?

btw, this board was built in 1981, and as you can see, caps already been changed since (not my job).
here are some pictures:
the whole master section
http://adnk.free.fr/depot_ftp/photos...r/P1020450.JPG
the master bus summing part zoomed
http://adnk.free.fr/depot_ftp/photos...r/P1020449.JPG

well, thanks by advance for any return !

mathieu

Last edited by mat_432 : July 17th 12 at 08:11 PM