Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Protecting pub type table legs from rot

On 2012-07-17, Ian Jackson wrote:

When the bottom of the legs are quite dry, and it's not going to rain, I
occasionally stand each leg of my garden seats in plastic pots. I then
fill the pots with some anti-rot preservative (the expensive, £20+ per 5
litres, clear stuff), and top up as required. Several hours later, when
it's obvious that no more is going to soak into the legs, I remove the
pots, and reclaim any unused preservative.

In the basement, where the damp comes up rather than down &
appearances aren't important, I put washed tuna tins under the legs of
a set of wooden shelves and poured some wood preserver in them. After
the legs soaked it up, I couldn't think of any reason to bother
removing the tins.