Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default GE Dryer problem

On Jul 16, 1:01*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
curious in allen wrote:

I have a GE gas dryer, model DWSR405GBOWW. It is plugged in but not
hooked up to a gas line. When I turn the start knob to the start
position the dryer turns on but the knob springs back to the off
position and the dryer turns off. Do I need a new knob? Do I have to
have the gas hooked up to keep the dryer on? Help!

Yes, it needs gas. *it probably runs an ignition sequence but gets
no flame, and after a few seconds times out and shuts down.

His dryer should have a "Fluff" no heat cycle, and "wrinkle care"
settings on the dryer timer, that would not need heat to operate. He
should try operating it on those settings where the gas would not come
on.