Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mobile generator project

On 7/16/2012 10:06 AM, John Grabowski wrote:
Wanted a basic, durable, low wattage, long run time generator for
family, friends, or customers, that will do all the basic necessities
for an extended period of time, without having to store and rotate a
pile of jerry jugs of gasoline. I wanted something easily
transportable as well. I decided the best available solution was a
stripped down light tower. After a few months of scoping Ebay, I found
this Magnum MLT-3060. It's a 2004 with a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi L3E
diesel, and only 525 hours on it.It has a 6KW Marathon pancake
generator, and a 30 gallon diesel tank, so at full load it'' run for
around three days. It was owned by the city of NY, bridges and tunnels
authority, and unfortunately, I think it spent it's life sitting in a
tunnel, with water dripping on it, so it had way more rust than a
machine of it's vintage should. Here are some pix of my clean
up/conversion project:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1091189...eat=directlink

*Nice job Roy. I've thought about doing something similar myself, but
just don't have a lot of spare time lately.

Hopefully John, that means you're too busy doing electrical work

*Yes electrical work has been good to me, but I have also been spending more
time writing scripts for instructional videos to eventually be shown on my
web site http://www.MrElectrician.tv in addition to written articles.