Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mobile generator project

Wanted a basic, durable, low wattage, long run time generator for family,
friends, or customers, that will do all the basic necessities for an
extended period of time, without having to store and rotate a pile of
jerry jugs of gasoline. I wanted something easily transportable as well. I
decided the best available solution was a stripped down light tower. After
a few months of scoping Ebay, I found this Magnum MLT-3060. It's a 2004
with a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi L3E diesel, and only 525 hours on it.It has a
6KW Marathon pancake generator, and a 30 gallon diesel tank, so at full
load it'' run for around three days. It was owned by the city of NY,
bridges and tunnels authority, and unfortunately, I think it spent it's
life sitting in a tunnel, with water dripping on it, so it had way more
rust than a machine of it's vintage should. Here are some pix of my clean
up/conversion project:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1091189...eat=directlink

*Nice job Roy. I've thought about doing something similar myself, but just
don't have a lot of spare time lately.