Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Flat-screen TV - "temporary" wall mounting

On Jul 16, 2:05*pm, Tim wrote:
How about going a bit "retro" and fitting a solid picture rail round the
room. *You could then hang a screen using wires from the rail.

BTDT (I'm trying to hang a digital sign on a listed building) -
didn't work.

The screen tipped too far forwards away from the wall. Would have been
OK for watching TV in bed, but as a screen for normal angles, it was a
failure. Even if I packed out the bottom, so as to get it upright, it
now sat too far out from the wall.

I'm now using a giant length of G rail, spanning the two spots where
I'm allowed to use already-existing rawlbolt holes.