Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.cad
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Cell Phone = USB = Address Book

Jim Thompson wrote:

My old LG "The V" cell phone finally croaked, so I have a new LG
VN251.

I'm looking for _good_ software to talk to the phone for address book
management and photo retrieval.

Any recommendations?

I had Susteen Data Pilot, but it balked at accepting a new phone,
wants me to "upgrade" :-(

And I rate it marginal at best... it often wouldn't find the phone,
requiring another cycle of un-plugging cable, turning-off phone, etc.,
quite annoying.

...Jim Thompson

If your new phone has a Wifi option, you don't need to cable tether it,
you can do it with in your network at home. That would alleviate the
problem with windows being finicky with hardware insertion problems.

You most likely will still need to install some software that is
compatible with your phone.

Jamie