Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael T.[_2_] Michael T.[_2_] is offline

Default Frigidaire refrigerator fresh food section stopped cooling

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

First thing I'd check is if the evaporator fan is running. Freezer is
OK, but no air passage. Next would be the defrost timer or defrost
element. That may allow the passage to the food section or the evap
coil to ice over.

Thanks Ed. I was reading about the defrost timer when I received your
comment.

I will see if I can find a parts diagram for my frig online. I cannot seem
to get the toe grille off so I can see if that is where the defrost timer is
located. I do know that is the location the repairman used to replace the
start relay.

The fact that the freezer is still working and that last time the fresh food
section started cooling again in 24 hours certainly seem like good clues --
and consistent with what you're saying. For example, if I had a bad
compressor one would think the freezer would also fail -- and it's not.

But then again, what do I know -- I'm just a computer 'guy' who finds
appliance repair daunting.