Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

On 2012-07-15, Oren wrote:

Thanks for that link. The other day I checked for updates for OO and
was pointed to "Apache" OO. From the link you gave, it makes sense
what happened. OO is now under the Apache Foundation. The predecessor
of LibreOffice is OpenOffice.

Yeah. When Oracle bought Sun, the OSS ppl freaked and forked OO to
LO, in 2010. Sun was always of a generous nature, but Oracle is a
little too shady fer comfort. Oracle finally gave up OO to Apache but
LO isn't taking any chances. I opened a buncha .doc's using LO, the
other day. Not elegant, but perfectly usable.

nb