Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG CRNG is offline

Default Mobile generator project

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:45:39 -0400, RBM wrote in
Re Mobile generator project:

Wanted a basic, durable, low wattage, long run time generator for
family, friends, or customers, that will do all the basic necessities
for an extended period of time, without having to store and rotate a
pile of jerry jugs of gasoline. I wanted something easily transportable
as well. I decided the best available solution was a stripped down light
tower. After a few months of scoping Ebay, I found this Magnum MLT-3060.
It's a 2004 with a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi L3E diesel,

While diesel is easier to store than gasoline, it's doesn't have an
very long storage life. According to

http://theepicenter.com/tow021799.html

it's 3 to 6 months. I would give it a year in a closed container with
a stabilizer added.