Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:29:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 17:38:49 -0700, Oren wrote:

We disagree. Bought my bride a "system" for some bucks under or
around $400. The system is full of OEM trash-ware, much of the
software is useless or not used. I don't need stuff, except the OS.

I've not built my own, but we have a guy we use for our computers for
work and he has built mine for a number of years now. Yes, the big
difference is all the crap that comes with the typical store bought
system. Only thing worse is the Gook Squad that fine tunes them to
the point they hardly run at all.

Yep. I supervised the (contract) building of a LAN network. Then
setup 75 PC nodes. Ran that LAN in an acting capacity for two years
after the IT manger left. This LAN was on a WAN with ~500 PC nodes.

Computers were not the problem as it was always the users sigh. They
would swear up and down they turned the monitor on.. Get to their
office, flip it on and magic happened.

I prefer to build a system that I would want for myself. Simple, fast
and without all the crap loaded on them - clean and efficient.