Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

On 2012-07-15, Red Green wrote:

And I thought I was the last one... Must be a CT thing (OEM
Stamfordite)
:-)

p.s. and also a "-ski".

Nope. Lots of us.

Better yet, you can pick up decent box fer zero $$. Ppl can't give
'em away, anymore. Actually costs $$ to dispose of 'em. I haven't
paid for a computer in yrs. Granted, I'm not running the hottest
gamer box in town, but running Linux gets me what I need for nada.
Finally hadda kick out the jams and splurge fer an LCD monitor, no
CRTs lying around. My new Acer 23" is killer. I may join the 21st
century if I can find a decent box fer $200.

Oh yeah, two days ago a 17" CRT turned up, fer free. With 2 keyboards
and two mice. I passed.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!