Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

On 7/14/2012 5:53 PM, Oren wrote:
Seeking opinions of current parts.

CPU

Motherboard

Hard Drive (SATA)

DVD (SATA)

Monitor

A friend ask me to build him a new system. (no problem)

Windows 7 – clean install...

If you've built a system in the last year or two or had one built for
you I would appreciate your comments.

Just the above parts are what I'm interested in. Been awhile since I
built mine :-\

My work for him is free -- start to finish.

+When I started building my own computers, I would typically go to
Newegg and check ratings and reviews for each of the components, then go
with that advice.
All of my original builds, I used the best Asus motherboards available
at the time. P4PE, P4C800E-D, P5AD2E. These are Intel socket boards, and
I used the best bank for the buck processor. I used Seagate hard drives.
Those machines worked flawlessly, but ultimately all of the boards
crapped out except the original P4PE. At the end of the day I'm not that
happy with Asus
After some time of not building anything, I needed to build another
batch, these are within the last two years. This time I went with
Gigabyte motherboards and I5 intel processors. I also switched to WD
hard drives, just for a change, the Seagates were always good to me. All
my machines are running continuously, some are gaming setups, and there
hasn't been the slightest hiccup from any of them.