Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default OT Texas Republicans are opposed to critical thinking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
... In my previous reply I provided several examples where "critical
thinking" failed about it's conclusions related to the Bible, archeology
revealed the truth.
RogerN

It can be a deceptive euphemism for narrow critical-of-all-other-views
thinking.

From Socrates:
http://www.criticalthinking.org/page...l-thinking/408

However the pure logic of Aristotle crippled science for 2000 years:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3142654AACy8XW

Because of him we didn't advance beyond the Romans until 1700~1800.

jsw

It is unfair to blame that on Aristotle alone. The main problem was that his
conclusions were incorporated into the dogma of the church. As Galilleo
among many others found out, the church did not like anyone questioning
their dogma.

This is a little ironic because one of the things Aristotle got right was
that things are not necessarily so just because someone in a high position
says they are.