Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

Oren wrote:
Seeking opinions of current parts.

CPU

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz, 95 watt. I chose this because most bang for
the buck for my purposes; X3 rather than X4 because of much lower power draw
& heat.

Motherboard

ASRock AOD790GX, 140w OK, AM3 OK - $124.99. Chosen because compatible with
CPU, decent price. No other reason, has been fine.

Hard Drive (SATA)

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA
3.0Gb/s, OEM - $69.99, 5 year warranty. Fast, good cache, fast data
transfer, great warranty (paid with MC to double it). Comes in bigger
capacity too, didn't need more. Specs are even better now, eg 6.0 Gb/s.
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760

DVD (SATA)

BURN LG|GH22NS30 22X SATA - OEM $24.99. No particular reason for getting an
LG but it has been fine, very happy with it. Price was certainly right

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net