Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:46:35 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

Tell him to buy himself a laptop
At the prices of laptops today, the savings for a desktop are not
worth
the effort.
Plus the laptop provides a built-in backup power supply, aka battery.

Laptops have a place, but for home use, I still prefer a big honkin'
desktop with a 21 inch or larger monitor, keyboard that can be moved
around, etc.

When I want portability, my netbook has traveled to much of the US and
Europe with me. Or it can sit on my belly when in front of the TV.

but for home use, I still prefer a big honkin'
desktop

And I thought I was the last one... Must be a CT thing (OEM Stamfordite)
:-)