Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default Broken pedestal of glass figurine

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:52:29 PM UTC-7, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 14, 10:50*pm, gary > wrote:

> On my glass figurine, the glass pedestal has broken in two. *Both surfaces of the break are uneven. *How can I
> smooth the broken surfaces so I can align them for gluing?

You can't, at least not easily or well. If you've lost pieces of the
glass when it broke you'll always see the break and repair. Having a
piece made would cost a lot, so I'd look for a substitute pedestal,
whether of glass or stone. An upside down heavy glass ashtray might
do the trick.

Seeing the break and repair is acceptable.

I was thinking about using an extra-fine sandpaper or file on both surfaces until they were smooth and matching for gluing.