Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Building new computer (DIY)

On Jul 14, 7:34*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Oren wrote:
Seeking opinions of current parts.

CPU

Motherboard

Hard Drive (SATA)

DVD (SATA)

Monitor

A friend ask me to build him a new system. (no problem)

Windows 7 – clean install...

If you've built a system in the last year or two or had one built for
you I would appreciate your comments.

Just the above parts are what I'm interested in. Been awhile since I
built mine :-\

My work for him is free -- start to finish.

Hi,
I usually buy barebone kit from eBay and add thing as I need.
I always had good luck with ASUS, or Gigabyte mobo, HDD, the bigger
cache the better. And good video card is very important.- Hide quoted text -

When you can buy a whole system for $400,
and given the problems that can arise,
the idea of building a system for someone else
out of parts doesn't seem like a very good idea to me.
Also factor in that the $400 system comes
with a legal version of Windows 7, a warranty
and someone to go to for support. You can also
typically get MSFT office for another $100,
3 years of antivirus for $40, etc.

Just saying, sounds like aggravation and a good
way to ruin a friendship.