Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default For real ... ?

harry wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:48 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

GB wrote:
It gets worse...
Consider the proposition that last centuries warming had little or
nothing to do with human activity or CO2 and in fact was mere
statistical fluctuations in a completely normal interglacial that is
likely to end..soon. Plunging us into several degrees colder temperatures.
Not only is every penny then spent on renewable energy wasted, it has
furthermore reduced our ability to run the country effectively in the
colder and wetter times ahead.
Just run that past me again. Are there unlimited oil reserves then?
What's wrong with say tidal electricity schemes?

None of these renewables can supply more than 5% or so of our
requirements. Unless you put 3 turbines of every sq mile of the UK,
including cities. Or dedicate the whole of Wales to biofuel crops. Or
damn up some of the larger the Welsh valleys to act as pumped storage.

Good luck with any of these.

Tidal power is the next big one.

You mean now that peoplehave got wise to the hydrogen economy scam, rge
hybrid car scam,the biofuel scam and the great wind farm scam followed
by the great solar PV scam we may confidently expect the great tidal scam?

and how hard it is to achieve it.