Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Panasonic SD 251 bread-maker

Not my usual area of repair but change as good as a rest ,they say
Schematic not in the service manual , well not the one on
http://servicemanuals.pro/serviceman...A%2F%2Fdisk.ka
relia.pro%2Fg%2Fgenard%2Fservice_manuals%2Fpanason ic%2Fhome_appliance%2Fkad0
105444c3.zip

I've never used one so am unfamiliar. Is the motor function separate from
the heater function - I assume so, both are failing to operate it would
seem. Unit was working fine and then failed to start one time. LCD and
option selections work fine, press Start , the red LED goes on but then no
motor or heater and no Err in the LCD display.
Fuses and wiring ok, seems to have 2 control lines through the interboard
ribbon , one to a relay for the heater and one variable one to a triac for
the motor. All associated minor components seem fine testing cold (no
isolation Tx here , everything hanging off the mains), no hot spots. Solder
to main 64p SMD seems ok. Not full of cooking grime
What is a supercap doing on the power board , not connected through the
ribbon to the control board, some relay hold-off or hold-on funtion at
switch off for some safety reason , rather than memory retention ?