Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default D-I-Y tubular bells - source of cheap pipe?

In message , Arfa Daily
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , The
Night Tripper writes
Hi all
thansk for the many and varied responses...

For the record, I'm not making wind chimes, but something you have to
manually strike to make a sound. I like the idea of Alu Mast poles .. but
Andy Dingley's bike tubing sounds even better. If I hadn't scrapped my Bob
Jackson Super Tourist a while ago...

Will update you as the thing progresses...

I put up the gazebo this afternoon (I just wand SOMEWHERE I can sit
out of the rain outside), £24 from Argos a couple of years ago

A lot of nice resonant steel tubing there

-- geoff

*!#@ you're brave, Geoff. As I sit here in soggy Northants, it's
****ing down outside, and blowing a gale. Are you relying on the weight
of water that soaks into the canvas, to hold it down ? :-)

Well, ****ing down it is 100 miles south also, but I have a nice
sheltered garden with a couple of trees .

.... but I have a few square meters that are at least dry (even if I have
yet to pluck up the courage to go and sit out there)

--
geoff