Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default For real ... ?

On Jul 14, 1:44*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

The ratio of heat output to electricity is fixed. *And that is the
problem. *You can't make electricity without heat (loss). *If you can
use this loss to heat the home, well fine, if you can't,it would have
to be dumped. *That is obviously uneconomical.
So it boils down to, in warm weather. you can't/wouldn't want to be
running this device, the heat would have to be dumped somehow.

If you have an industrial situation where lots of hot water is needed
say, then these are the way to go. Eg old fashioned laundries.

The important thing is they are sized on the heat output, not the
electrical output.
Any *electricity surplus can be exported but not heat of course.

So, if you had a well insulated house in Winter you could run this
thing in the evening, watch TV, do baking, heat the house and water &
export electricity by day when you might not be at home.

But in Summer what do you do with the heat?
Ah, you have your solar PV in Summer. *Heh Heh.

So, yours is being installed next week, yes ? * *:-)

As a passive house, my house needs no form of central heating.

Come the ice age, Harry, come the ice age ... * * *d;~}

Arfa- Hide quoted text -

My house can defeat any level of cold. ( I have 600mm of insulation
and quadruple glazing.)
Wind is another matter, I still have a few draught issues to attend to
there.