Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default For real ... ?

Arfa Daily wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:08:26 PM UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
http://m.dailymail.co.uk/money/inves...ix-shares.html

Anyone know anything about these, or the technology employed ? I dunno,
but
it feels like one of those "If it seems too good to be true ...
" things. Or
is it just another company jumping on the eco-bollox bandwagon ?

Arfa

How does the bioler generate electricity ?

Well, that's what I was asking, and if you follow the whole thread,
there's been several references to a URL where it is all explained. I
can't be fagged to go and find it for you, but it won't take you long to
look. It's actually a bit backwards thinking of it as a boiler that makes
electricity as a waste heat-recycling byproduct of it's CH / DHW
function. Rather, it's a gas-powered electricity generator, that produces
enough waste and recoverable heat from *that* process, to allow it to
also heat your house. Theoretically, that is. How practical it would
actually be for the many different designs of house, varying weather
conditions around the country, and lots of other modifying factors, is a
bit of an unknown, at this point. Much like solar PVPs, a lot of the
'savings' that would supposedly be reaped from the installation of such a
device, rely on the subsidised FIT model, and I'm not sure just how
sustainable that is going to be in both the current economic, as well as
political, climates. Add to this that recent events in the MM global
warming world would seem to indicate that that little bubble may be close
to bursting, and scales might start falling from eyes, and the long-term
non-viability of all the green taxing and subsidising at the tax payers
expense, might start to take on a political life of its own ...

Arfa

It gets worse...

Consider the proposition that last centuries warming had little or nothing
to do with human activity or CO2 and in fact was mere statistical
fluctuations in a completely normal interglacial that is likely to
end..soon. Plunging us into several degrees colder temperatures.

Not only is every penny then spent on renewable energy wasted, it has
furthermore reduced our ability to run the country effectively in the
colder and wetter times ahead.

We have essentially ruined the nation to solve a non-existent problem,
with a technology that didn't work to solve it, anyway...

It doesn't get worse than that. Well apart from harry, who profits by this
disaster.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Nicely summarised ...

Arfa