Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Town That Never Retired

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 15:34:20 +0100, newshound wrote:

Balls, sorry to hear that Dave. I hope you are making plans to burn
all your money doing as many fun things as you can before it takes the
best of you?

A substantial amount of money has been burnt on this place. Maybe there
is a bit of incentive to get it finished now...

The good news is that the surgical procedure which puts electrodes in
the brain stimulated by a battery can work extremely well: an
ex-colleague of mine has just had the op and has been transformed from
a drug-induced zombie.

Think you have to pretty far gone before they operate, I only have a
resting tremor in my right hand/arm. If I move it or even think about
moving it the tremor stops. It was the tremor that sent me to the GP and
thence consultant and DaT Scan.

--
Cheers
Dave.