Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default The Town That Never Retired

jgharston wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

There is no way I can do what I do now when I am 70 at the same speed.

My knees have already crapped out and I'm in my mid-40s. Light
switches I can do. Sockets and underfloor wiring leaves me in agony.

Sure, there will always be some like that, but what matters is how many of
those in the mid 40s are like that. The short story is that not that many of
them are, and those that are can do work that suits their medical condition
too.

And while you may not be as capable of as much physical work
at 70 as you are at Adam's current age, many who are 70 can
still get more work done right than plenty of 20 year olds too.

BTW we have a new apprentice. There is something
seriously wrong with this one. He is interested in what
he does, he is a quick learner and is good at his job.

They do exist!

Corse they do.

Seems the same as the one in six rate on the TV.

There have always been arguments about what the percentage is.