Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default The Town That Never Retired

In article ,
MM wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 05:26:25 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Is this series propaganda by any chance. The bit I saw smacked of set up.

Brian

If it appears on BBC, then yes, I agree. These two programmes have
attempted to show how we can all work into our 70s, as that is what
the government keeps telling us is going to be necessary. But the
truth is that even with healthy pensioners, they just don't have the
stamina and cannot be expected to be as flexible as 20-year-olds.

The results of the programmes are going to throw the government's
plans haywire. The pensioners shown were probably above average. There
are going to be many thousands who canot stand for longer periods, do
not have the dexterity to manipulate small items, cannot concentrate
too well and so on, exhibiting all the signs of natural aging in fact.
Imagine 75-year-old bus drivers driving your kids to school? They
could have a heart attack or stroke any minute.

but they do seem to drive tour busses. ;-(

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18