Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Opening Cabinet of GE Washer WHRE5550K1WW

On 7/12/2012 3:17 PM, DA wrote:

In most of these top loaders (not only GE) the front comes off first -
it's held by retaining clips at the top....

Hmmm...any idea when that change occurred? I've had nothing but GE
since the 60s and that's the first time I've seen one that the top
didn't lift up w/ the snappy clips and then the front came off w/ screws
from the inside....dryers as well.

I suppose the new one we just got(+) will be that way (new way, that is)
but I'm hoping its long enough I'll have forgotten this long before
then...

(+) Of course, by model on the one it replaced, it was a mid-80s, so
they could have changed quite a while ago and I'd not know about it...
I've never been known for updating until it virtually was mandatory.