Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opening Cabinet of GE Washer WHRE5550K1WW

On Jul 12, 3:17*pm, DA wrote:
responding tohttp://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/opening-cabinet-of-ge-washer...

DA wrote:
Guv Bob *wrote:
Anyone know how to get the front door off of this cabinet? *Looks like =
you just pop it open from the top and lean it out, but before I break =
something, I thought I'd ask. * The GE tech support folks can't tell me
anything except to point at this diagram. *Thanks in advance. *-- Bob

In most of these top loaders (not only GE) the front comes off first -
it's held by retaining clips at the top. When you get the front off, it
will expose two front screws that hold the top, and there are three more
screws holding the top on the back. I'm not sure what you're opening it
for, but you can do plenty of dama.., I mean, fixing, just through the
front, so may not even need to remove the top.

You'll need a small metal putty knife to disengage the clips. There's a
Youtube video by Hugh Barlow that shows the very procedure. Let me see if
I can post this link directly to the fragment 2 minutes into the video. If
my screwing with the Youtube options does not work, just open the video
and fast forward to the 2:00 mark, you'll see how he opens your washer.

http://youtu.be/VeAOmQ2JisU?t=2m1s

*/_/
((@v@)) NIGHT
*VV-VV

OK - On some models like Sears Kenmore, the clips are in the same
location, but when you push in on the clips, the top lifts up rather
than the front moving forward.