Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Building a PC (for those that do)

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
On 09/07/2012 17:10, Rick Hughes wrote:
Been a number of years since I have built a PC from scratch .. had to
feed in loads of FD's to load Dos and W 3.1 :-)

Just as a 'close the loop' item, the final spec was:

Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LE
CPU i5 7350K IvyBridge
RAM 16GB Corsair XMS3
SSD Crucial M4 128GB
HDD WD 1TB Caviar Black

I'd still go for a 2TB or 3TB myself.

And wouldn't bother with the black given
that you have an SSD.

I went for a 2TB green myself, and I use mine as a PVR too.

PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W
GPU MSI GTX560 Ti Hawk 1GB / 980MHz
Optical Samsung DL DVD RW
Case Fractal Design Define R3

The GPU & PSU came from Overclockers, the rest from eBuyer.

Total cost in at £878 ... best 'built' price I could get was £1072 ...
so made sense to get the parts in.

Yeah, that's why I did mine that way too.

To be fair Overclockers only charge £75 for build, but the cost to get all
of parts from them was too high.

I prefer to build my own anyway, then I know its done right.

But then I do a lot more than you do.