Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Tools for tree pruning

"Nospam" wrote in message
On 11/07/2012 21:53, dennis@home wrote:
... snipped
However I just had a 60' birch tree cut down and it was £80 so I think
I would get the man in.

Tree surgeons round here (Hampshire) charge £500-650/day !!!!!!!!!!!!! I
had one in fairly recently to do some major work on a huge TPO'd Walnut on
the front lawn, but for smaller stuff I'd prefer to DIY.

I did a height reduction on a smaller tree (40'ish) a couple of years ago
and its quite easy using a sabre saw.
However I have been having balance problems and there is no way I am going
to climb a tree to lop bits off ATM.
The guy is coming back to reduce the height of the remaining trees later in
the year when the sap has stopped rising.
He does contract work for the council so he has been around a while.