Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Building a PC (for those that do) (crossposted)

On 10/07/2012 21:54, John Rumm wrote:
Add to that the point that your 240G drive will contain significantly
more than 240G of flash. So there are plenty of spare cells available to
patch into the linear addressed space by the wear levelling algorithms
as required.

My guess would be a 240 has 256 physical capacity. I just bought a 160,
which I'm guessing is really 192.

The speed is wonderful, and while I no longer see Mr Speed's comments
SSD lifetimes are no longer an issue - the wear levelling algorithms
take care of it for any reasonable lifetime. Unlike a thumb drive,
which doesn't usually have any.

Andy