Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Left coast headed towards flesh detecting table saws in 2015

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:26:12 -0400, Bill wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On 12 Jul 2012 11:33:03 GMT, Han wrote:

My favorite is a minimal licensing fee and set small amount per unit.
For tablesaurs, I'd think $10k for licensing and a buck or two per saw
would double his (and his fellow conspirees') millionaire status in a
few years.

Gosh, considering the large size of and the relatively small number of
the players in the saw making game, that doesn't seem fair to Gass. --
and I'm far from being a Gass-fan!

With annual sales at 800,000, that's $800k-$1.6 million, or up to $16M
a decade. PLUS licensing fees to hundreds of companies. Not fair?
Plus he'd have had global love and respect v. the global contempt he
has now. It's a no-brainer to anyone but a lawyer.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen