Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Why no mains powered electric garden/trimming shears?

There are umpteen rechargeable garden shears available, but I haven't
found a single one that is mains powered. Is this elfnsafety sticking
its oar in yet again? Or is there no call for these things?

I hate my rechargeable shears, which is now f****d anyway because I
haven't recharged it since last summer. The battery won't hold more
than a few minutes' charge.

I just want to be able to take the shears when I need them and plug in
a 13 amp plug like I would for a strimmer or hedgetrimmer.

By the way, I hate strimmers, too! Ruddy noisy things.

Alternatively, what about converting my rechargeable shears to mains
electric? All it needs is something to make the reciprocating blade do
its thing. Surely SOMEone has done this??

MM