Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Captains Bed (1/1)

On 7/11/2012 11:33 PM, wrote:

Thanks, I am curious as to your layout and access to those center
drawers.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:36:35 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/9/2012 10:00 AM,
wrote:

Very nice! Almost 3 years ago I built a similar bed, similar under the
mattress. ;~) I went with 18 drawers under the bed but the drawers
slide on wooden runners and the center 6 are in the middle between both
outer side drawers, Those center 6 drawers are hidden,

Take a look at the attached PDF plan drawings,

The center drawers are accessed after removing either side outer drawer.
Not real handy for daily use however it is a good hiding spot of for
seasonal items that you may switch out. additionally I did not want to
wast that center area.

Learning after the bigger bed and building a smaller single row bed I
made the center/hidden drawers about 1/2" shorter in height than the
outer drawers. The center drawers slide under and miss a stop which
contact the upper backs of the outer drawers and limit their inward
travel. All center drawers can be accessed from either side after
removing the appropriate outer drawer.

and below for the completed pieces, 2 different beds

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...6436/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Complwte Set.pdf (318.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: pdf Bed Drawer Frame with Drawer Skids.pdf (275.4 KB, 59 views)