Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default door jamb question

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:52:58 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jul 11, 9:17*pm, "Doug" wrote:

Refer to these pics in the URL below and in particular where the tape
is near the bottom of the door jamb. * Can I just splice out say 6" of
the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need to
replace the entire jamb? * Meanwhile I did a work in progress spackle
job where the wood rotted (taped areas) to make it somewhat
presentable till I decide how to really fix it.

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/q...g23314/Public/

What size wood(s) is used for the jamb here?

I dunno - what does it measure. My tape won't reach from here.

Whether you have to replace the jamb is dependent on how much of the
existing jamb is rotted, and the condition of the rest of the jamb and
the fit of the door. If you're going to splice something in, don't go
with wood, go with one of the PVC wood substitutes, like Azek.

Get a longer tape grin. I'll look into Azek, thanks.