Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default D-I-Y tubular bells - source of cheap pipe?

On 09/07/2012 22:13, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi all
I am wondering about becoming the scourge of my neighbours(*) and making
a garden set of tubular bells.

I'd like to find a source of suitable metal pipe. It should be:

- of decent diameter, say = 20mm
- non-rusting (within reason)
- cheap

Scaff pipe is a bit too hefty, and something like 28mm Cu pipe is a bit
pricy. Any thoughts about something in between? I'd probably need a bit
less than 10m.

(*) not really, it would only be for when the granddaughter came round...

Thanks
J^n

You need something sonorous ..that rules out scaffolding tube and copper
pipe.

Brass pipe might work ... chrome on brass towel rails for example ?

I have one I bought in Canada many years ago ... and it is some hard
aluminum alloy tube .. quite thin wall.