Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default For real ... ?

On Jul 11, 10:47*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
harry wrote:
On Jul 11, 7:21 pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/07/2012 17:08, Arfa Daily wrote:

http://m.dailymail.co.uk/money/inves...1/MIDAS-Will-f....
Anyone know anything about these, or the technology employed ? I dunno,
but it feels like one of those "If it seems too good to be true ... "
things. Or is it just another company jumping on the eco-bollox bandwagon ?
Sounds like a variation on the rent your roof scheme so that suppliers
of the kit can reap the rewards of feed in tariffs etc.

Problem is that is shifts yet more of our generation capacity to gas at
a time where they are bleating about carbon reduction.

You are missing the point.
The point is, it recovers otherwise wasted heat and generates
electricity at point of use so making the overall process very
efficient.
It bridges the gap left by PV electricity, ieby night.

There is a plan you know. Beyond TurNiP's comprehension.

liek the plan to invade afghanistan and Iraq one supposes.

The problem is, it can't generate electricity without generating heat.

Gas has only one fifth the carbon of coal. *There MAY be a lot of
shale gas under our feet.

so what? its still a stupid inefficient way to burn it
and how hard it is to achieve it.- Hide quoted text -

You really are a ****wit aren't you?