Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Left coast headed towards flesh detecting table saws in 2015

Han wrote:

I believe that in the case where an invention becomes a monopoly, that
the inventor is obliged to license his invention at "reasonable" cost,
not an exorbitant cost. My hyperbolic statements were meant to
emphasize the reasonableness of the fees. As for taking, there is
also eminent domain - much maligned, often improperly practiced, but
such "takings" are allowed by the Constitution.

Meh!

ALL patents are monopolies, guaranteed by the Constitution.

Article I, Section 8

"The Congress shall have the power... To promote the Progress of Science and
useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the
exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;..."