Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default How difficult is it to "build" a door?

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:25:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

You can get a basic pre-hung entry door for $100. What is
it going to cost to construct a door?

A good bit less than $100, the way I (mistakenly) conceptualized it.

As for
hassle, it's far simpler to put in a pre-hung door than it is
to build your own door. Much harder to screw up too.
That's why pros do it that way.

As for aggravation, wait until you've spent hours
building the door, many more hours of aggravation
because it won't fit, close, etc in the frame from the
previously sagging door, etc....

Try this: the garage was built in 1955. There is no
frame around this door, just double 2x4's. Shoddy
construction, I suppose, but that's how they
sometimes did it back then.

I had hoped for a simple fix. Doesn't now look that
way.