Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT - wheels straight for safety

Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:29:17 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I cringe whenever I see a car halfway into a busy intersection,
pointed at a diagonal to the left, with wheels set to send the car
into on-coming traffic.

Sure, it's good practice to keep everything pointed straight until
actually making your turn.
But if you get tail-ended hard off-center, where you end up is in the
hands of God or the laws of physics.
No indication the driver mentioned in this thread did anything wrong.

That may very well be so, but it doesn't hurt to point out safety measures.
I keep this piece of advice always in mind.

--
Best regards
Han