Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default satallite TV

wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:07:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Satellite TV sucks. Total signal loss every thunderstorm. Just lost 25
channels, but still paying for them. No Internet. Many reasons.

The Viacom channels? They'll be back but I don't miss them myself. One
reason I hesitated going to SAT was loss of signal. In two years, it has
been out for a brief time twice. I'm talking 10 minutes or less. Our
cable company would go out if the weatherman even predicted rain. In high
winds and two winters of snow, not a bit of loss.

I have DSL for internet but cable is faster and costs about double.

DSL sucks. All I can get in the AL house is 768K, which is in reality
300K,
on a good day. Here they sold me 6Mb, but it's really 2Mb. Terrible.
I'd
gladly pay the extra $5 for real Internet service.

I easily get 3MB but I'm probably closer tot he substation. Our cable
company would be faster, but the price was $20 more. Yes, I'd pay 5 bucks
for faster, but not $24. Flor $10 more, I can get slower service from
MetrocCast. They offer an Ultra package for $70 and depending on location,
speed can be ither 25 mb or 10 mb. Probably depends on local
infrastructure.