Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bennett Price[_4_] Bennett Price[_4_] is offline

Default 12vdc solid state timer-relay

You could use the timing relay to drive a conventional DC rated relay
which in turn would activate the solenoid.

And see the section on "Protection diodes for relays"
at http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/diode.htm

On 7/10/2012 4:44 AM, voodooracer wrote:
Are the commonly available octal base industrial timer relays (NCC,
Dayton, ect.) compatible with a 12vdc load? Can find listings with 12vdc
coil (input or control circuit) but all the outputs are rated for some
motor HP rating, which I take to mean AC voltage. My load is a 12vdc
solenoid (10A draw) that activates a pneumatic cyl., the release of
which I need to time delay (delay on break).
If not, does anyone know of a combo timer-relay (min.adj. .01s,
max adj. 5s) that will work in this app.?
Have done a forum search, but did not find an answer.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Keith LeBlanc