Posted to rec.woodworking

Default veneer

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:33:51 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:41:37 -0400, "dadiOH"
Either way. The former means you don't have to move the fence (at the price
of stability); the latter is more stabile but you have to move the fence for
each cut. Spend $395 for Laguna's Driftmaster fence and that is easy too.

Reminds me of a woodworking show I went to a few years back. One of
them was a Laguna dealer showcasing how it could cut 12" high veneer
strips off a piece of wood that were less than 1/16" thick. You could
hold the veneers up to a light and actually see the brightness of the
light through them.

I saw that demo at a WoodCraft store.

Guessing that some other brands of bandsaws can do this, but it really
impressed me about Laguna brand bandsaws. When the time comes for my
to buy a bandsaw, Laguna will be the first brand I'll consider.

Ditto. I was about to pull the trigger (14SUV) last fall but lost my job at
the end of August. Kinda reset the whole thing. Once I get the house sold...