Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default D-I-Y tubular bells - source of cheap pipe?

Arfa Daily wrote:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:27:05 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

It's fine. I have a set hanging in my workshop that I made years ago
from
standard 15mm copper pipe. The 'ring' sounds just like any such wind
chimes.
If you want to protect the pipe from the elements, spray it with
Halfords
clear lacquer

Copper pipes as chimes outside these days wouldn't be there for long.

Don't really see why not. Three foot of 15mm copper pipe is hardly worth
nicking for the scrap value, is it ?

doesn't matter - it takes 30 secs to nick and nets a couple of quid at
the scrappers.

Those pikeys nick anything that has metal in it.

Arfa

and how hard it is to achieve it.